Attic insulation is key to the condition of your entire home.
The average home loses about 30% of its heat through the attic when it’s poorly insulated. With the proper attic insulation, you can save as much as 10-40% on your heating bill, depending on the type of insulation you’re using. Many contractors have come to the same conclusions as we have here at Cape Fear Foam LLC and now recommend spray foam insulation for your home and attic insulation.
There are many reasons why you should consider spray foam over other rolled or blown insulations:
- Airtight: Spray foam insulation covers holes and gaps in your structure, which keeps the air and weather out.
- Better Temperature Control: With a higher R-value than rolled or blown insulation, spray foam creates a more energy efficient home and helps control the temperature better.
- Mold doesn’t survive: Spray foam insulation holds an inert polymer so that mold can’t derive nourishment from it, unlike other kinds of insulation.
- Repels water: Because it fills all the nooks and crannies in the sprayed space, it helps keep water out. Water in your attic can lead to mold or mildew overgrowth, which can have serious lasting health effects.
- Helps with soundproofing: Attic insulation can help reduce noticeable loud noises outside and helps you not disturb your neighbors.
We’ve been family owned and operated for over 14 years, serving the area near Wilmington, North Carolina. We can work on both new and existing properties. Are you interested in our spray foam services? Give us a call today for a consultation or if you have questions about your attic insulation or other options.