Insulation is important for all kinds of homes and buildings. It helps to keep the indoor environment comfortable without making your HVAC system work too hard, and this lowers your energy costs. Insulation also helps with moisture control, which protects the structure from water damage, mold, pests, and other threats.
There are many reasons why investing in insulation is a good idea, and there are almost as many types of insulation on the market. However, even though fiberglass, mineral wool, and cellulose insulation have some benefits, nothing beats the advantages of spray foam insulation. Here are five reasons you should consider spray foam insulation for your home or building:
- It seals all cracks and crevices. Spray foam insulation is excellent at creating an air-tight seal without leaving any gaps. This is because once it is sprayed into a cavity, it expands to fill even the smallest, hard-to-reach spaces before it hardens.
- It doesn’t lose its shape. Other kinds of insulation become less effective over time because they begin to sag or settle, but you won’t have to deal with that when you choose spray foam insulation.
- It has a high R-value. Spray foam insulation has a higher R-value than other types of insulation, meaning it is better at resisting heat flow and is more energy efficient.
- It is environmentally friendly. Obviously insulation helps you use less energy, which is better for the environment, but spray foam insulation is also environmentally friendly because it is non-toxic.
- It reduces pests. Because spray foam insulation is so effective at closing off openings, pests cannot easily enter your home or building. This insulation is also durable against rodent biting.