At Cape Fear Foam LLC, we know you have several options for insulating your home to achieve the highest energy savings. When we factored in the various benefits of various insulation methods, it became clear to us that spray foam insulation was the winner for any family with energy savings as their primary objective. Here are some things you should know about how spray foam insulation ranks for energy efficiency.
- Superior R-value- Spray foam insulation insulates far better than traditional insulation, with an R-value of 6 to 6.6 per inch. Fiberglass has just 2.2 per inch and cellulose just 3.5 to 3.8 per inch, with both being even lower if they’ve become wet or damaged.
- Lower thermal conductivity- No other insulation product seals against heat transfer nearly as well as spray foam insulation.
- Sealing air leaks- Since as much as 40 percent of energy is lost through air infiltration, resolving this issue is one of the best solutions for energy savings. Spray foam insulation does this better than any other insulation product.
- Beneficial all year long- Temperature and other weather conditions can render other insulation products ineffective, yet spray foam insulation handles even extreme conditions with flying colors.
- HVAC costs- Energy costs also include HVAC repair and replacement expenses. Spray foam insulation reduces the workload, so your HVAC can perform reliably and longer.