Are you contemplating adding spray foam insulation to your metal building but worry that it could potentially cause rust to form over time? For moisture to move, air must move. Spray foam provides an airtight seal, which effectively stops moisture from moving. By following a few installation guidelines, spray foam can be a superior option for your metal building insulation needs.
- Hire a Reputable Insulation Contractor. We live in a world where consumer reviews mean a lot. Do your research and find a contractor with many years of experience in metal building insulation.
- No Gaps Between the Metal and the Spray Foam. If not applied correctly, this gap can cause condensation to form, potentially causing the metal to rust.
- No Plastic Barrier Between Metal and Spray Foam. Placing plastic between the structure and the spray foam insulation can allow airflow, which can in turn cause condensation to form.
- Use a Quality Product. There are lower quality products on the market that can have an acidic reaction. Do some research to ensure that the type of spray foam being offered is right for the metal building insulation you need done.
- Clean and Dry Surface. In order for the spray foam to adhere completely to the metal, be sure the metal is clean and dry without contaminants.
At Cape Fear Foam LLC, we have the expertise and experience to take care of your metal building insulation needs. We are a family-owned business and have been providing quality house insulation solutions for over 14 years. Give us a call today!