We are convinced that builders, homeowners, and other property owners should consider polyurethane spray foam insulation.
There are so many benefits involved with polyurethane spray foam insulation that at Cape Fear Foam LLC, we decided back in 2006 it would be the only type of insulation we would offer to our Wilmington, North Carolina residential and commercial customers. Here are a few of the reasons why we are convinced that builders, homeowners, and other property owners should consider polyurethane spray foam insulation for new and existing structures.
- Lasts a Lifetime– While other insulation materials can break down over time, our inspections of spray foam insulation installed 20 years ago show no observable signs of deterioration. You can reasonably expect polyurethane spray foam insulation to last for the lifetime of your property.
- Lasting Insulative Value– At installation, spray foam insulation has an R-value of around 10. Over six months this value stabilizes to approximately 6.5 to 7, depending on factors such as total thickness. Industry studies have consistently shown that once spray foam insulation has stabilized it will maintain this R-value for decades.
- Structural Strengthening– No other insulation actually makes your structure stronger, but polyurethane spray foam insulation will strengthen your home construction. Spray foam makes walls more resistant to wind and reduces creaking and shaking.
- Soundproofing– Spray foam insulation reduces the noise from the neighborhood, including slammed doors, loud music, and children playing, as well as severe weather sounds.
- Quick Installation– It typically takes us under a day to fully insulate an entire home. Large houses, houses with unusual design features, and commercial properties can take slightly longer.
- Superior Sealing– Not only will you enjoy energy savings with the expanding action of spray foam insulation to seal all cracks, crevices, and voids, you’ll also keep out dust and pollen for improved indoor air quality. You can also avoid other aspects related to air leakage, including wet insulation, mold, mildew, and pest infestations.
These are just a few of the benefits you can experience with polyurethane spray foam insulation. Reach out today to schedule a consultation and we’ll answer all your questions and provide you with a free estimate.
At Cape Fear Foam LLC, we offer polyurethane spray foam insulation for customers in Wilmington, Hampstead, and Jacksonville, as well as Pender County, New Hanover County, Brunswick County, and Onslow County, North Carolina.